Road King Windshield
- Clearview Shields has been Handcrafting Shields in the USA for Over 33 Years
- We Specialize in Handcrafting Harley-Davidson Road King Windshields
- Top Rated by Riders Around the World in Performance, Quality, Fit and Finish
- Premium High Impact Acrylic Blend Material Exceeds Industry & DOT Standards
- UV Inhibitors Extend Shield Life & Provide Protection for the Dash and Accessories behind the windscreen.
- .177 Thick Material is more Rigid than the Stock Shield
- Ready to Mount to your OEM Brackets (we do not offer brackets)
- Nylon Collars to Insulate Screws and Protect from Over Tightening
- Shipped with a Protective Film that allows Installation and Testing
- Can be Polished, Buffed, and is Safe to use Rain-X Original Clear Formula
Looking for a Different Style Road King Windshield?7-Hole Detachable
A Harley-Davidson Classic
One of the distinguishing features of the Road King were its large headlights, reminiscent of the great twins of the 1960s. In 1999, the Harley-Davidson Road King, like all other Harley models, came with a new Twin-Cam 88 engine at the factory. The Road King is powered by a further development of the engine, which produces 60 HP at 3,600 rpm.
The name of the engine stems from the fact that a second cam was added to open and close the intake and exhaust valves. The new Twin-Octane 88 had two cams (one cam and two flaps) per cylinder with two valves compared to the Evolution engines, which used only a single cam and four flaps. The twin cam 96 engine was in two forms – standard A and B – which meant additional internal balance shafts that Harley claimed would suppress 90% of the primary engine vibrations. The engine was rigid and could be mounted on some models. In addition, Harley released an official 103 big-bore kit, which boosted the engine to 1688cc if you wanted to spice up your 96.